Thursday, May 5, 2022

Coconut Water Is Nice

I like all things coconut.

I like coconut cream pie. I like curries made from coconut milk. I like Tom Kha Gai (I ate a local version of it almost every day when I was in Thailand), and all other Thai dishes involving coconut. I liked the myriad of coconut-infused desserts that my office ate all the time when I worked in Honolulu.

Lately, as it's been getting hotter out, I've started occasionally sucking down coconut water again.

Regular water is fine. I've got a pitcher that alkalizes it for me, and it tastes good; it tastes better with lemon. Sometimes, though, I just don't want to drink plain water anymore; after four or five glasses of it, I really just want something else. That's when I bust out the coconut water.

It's a refreshing alternative to a necessary, but sometimes boring beverage.

12 comments:

  1. I like coconuts too :-)

    At Thai restaurants, I typically order the Tom Yum soup. I'll have to give the Tom Kha Gai soup a try ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly never been a big fan of coconut, I do like those fruit flavored aloe vera juices though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like coconut but not drink form

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coconut water too. My favorite brand is Harmless Harvest. It's a bit pricey, but it's one of the best ones I have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a fan of most things coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coconut water too. Preferably with lots of pulp and lots of ice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am 100% not a fan of coconut water haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a fan of coconut water, but I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coconut water is good, in Mexico they cut up the insides and add chili and lime and serve in a bag which is also really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love coconut. In fact, I have planted quite a few of those myself in Jamaica. I also get to reap quite a bit of in whenever I go back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love coconut water as well not the store-bought ones those are gross, possible something they put into it like preservative not sure, but whatever it is really throws off the taste. In fact, Kurt has a picture of a man chopping one in his presentation slide show those are the best anything else not so much. The locals call them jelly coconut water because the coconut meat is jelly like not hard. Once the coconut meat becomes hard the juice is not as refreshing.

    ReplyDelete