Thursday, April 28, 2022

Bojack Horseman

I'm running out of topics here, so, I decided to briefly talk about my deep love for the Netflix series "Bojack Horseman." It's dark, but also insanely funny, and portrays celebrity culture in the worst light you could possibly imagine. 

It's also disturbingly real.

I think one of my favorite aspects of the show would be the real-life celebrities that they actually voice cast as themselves; Felicity Huffman, MC Hammer, and others all make appearances.

The best appearance though, in my opinion, is Jessica Biel's. They make her out to be a complete terror, and she was totally down for it; she played the literal worst version of herself perfectly. I kind of respected how cool she was with being just made to look completely deranged and unreasonable all the time.

There's an episode where she orders avocado toast, and then proceeds to throw a tantrum in the middle of the restaurant because she modified her order to the point where it wasn't even avocado toast anymore, and then they accidentally put avocado on it anyway (since the ticket still says "avocado toast"). It was completely relatable because, as a server, I had people basically do that all the time...they would order something, and mod it into a totally different order, and then fly into a rage when it didn't come out right.

She ends up losing the race for governor of California because somebody exposes her hatred of avocado to the media and, as it turns out, 65% of Californians just can't vote for someone who hates avocado.

Yeah...I really love that show.

12 comments:

  1. Never heard of BoJack Horseman. Just looked it up. An adult animated comedy-drama? Similar to Futurama maybe?

    I'll check it out just for Jessica Biel's episode with avocado ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica Biel is one of my favorite actresses, ever since 7th heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds pretty funny. I've been meaning to check it out, a few friends have recommended it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like something my Dad would like. He probably already has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bojack was a great show, the ending was depressing though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bojack, it was tough to watch sometimes, the content was real though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna check it out when I have some time. Seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BoJack Horseman sounds interesting. I will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard that was a good show, but I don't think I can deal with the animation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will check this show out eventually looks funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was always told it was a good show. Might have to see it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been a fan of those kinds of animations, but I can see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete