Thursday, April 21, 2022

Think I'm Going To Start Doing Muay Thai Again

I started doing Muay Thai when I still lived in Hawai'i. 

It was a good workout, both physically and emotionally; it felt great to punch and kick things after another day of hating my job!

I also liked the gym's location; it was in Honolulu proper, on Dillingham, so the ocean really wasn't far, and because of this, oftentimes, when we practiced outside, we got to do so under a rainbow. The people there were great, too.

When I moved back here, everything kind of fell apart, and I just didn't have time to start looking for a gym. I honestly think part of the reason I put it off for so long was that I was/am afraid whatever place I join here isn't going to be as good.

Having said that, I need an outlet ASAP, so I've been looking around a bit.

You can tell it's become ultra trendy now, looking at the number of gyms around here, compared to the number of gyms here the last time I lived here.

I'm guessing the gym membership fee will probably reflect the surge in popularity...oh well.

12 comments:

  1. Doing Muay Thai under the rainbow with great people?

    I hope you find a gym that comes somewhat close what you had in Hawai'i :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really interesting. My dad does Filipino martial arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is overly priced right now. I hope you find a spot that will give the same vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muay Thai sounds like a hard workout, good on ya mate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kicking and boxing things, sound like fun!, Sometimes one needs that. It is amazing how much better working out makes you feel after a stressful day at work. I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muay Thai is great workout and it's great for defense! Defiantly continue it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting to work out under a rainbow sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gyms out here sound very different. I go to the Eos on Craig. Since the gym is fairly new, its crazy packed. Lots of juice heads there but it's still a nice gym. They have a lot of squat/deadlift areas and all of their machines are in newer condition than other locations. I personally think Eos is a better option than LVAC or Planet Fitness, but maybe I'm just biased.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had the energy to do it also. Seems fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Martial arts are fascinating! I think its excellent as a medium of exercise, and I don't think everyone has to be a competitive figure in it to want to practice it. good luck and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had the motivation to workout haha! Have fun working out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Martial arts are a great outlet to process stress and turn it into positive energy by strengthening both body and mind.

    ReplyDelete