Thursday, April 14, 2022

Learned Topics from LabSim Sixth Chapter (A Response to Threaded Discussion 08)

I know I had seen SmartArt utilized in presentations before, but I did not realize it was an actual "feature" of the PowerPoint application. I guess I thought somebody built those displays manually, using different shapes and text boxes.

Completing the LabSim section pertaining to SmartArt really opened my eyes to the number of ways you can illustrate processes for people who may not have a whole lot of context, or background, with regards to the topic. Since I'm actively constructing a presentation that illustrates a couple of different processes right now, I'm putting SmartArt to use, helping to more concisely illustrate these processes to folks whose knowledge base is, up to this point, not very deep.

It provides a nice, succinct way to walk people through the steps of a process or cycle, and I look forward to using it more in the future.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, the SmartArt feature is an easy and professional way to illustrate information and processes succinctly and it's available is most Microsoft Office applications ^_^

    Very glad to hear you are using SmartArt outside of IS101-3010, Spring 2022 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I have seen SmartArt before, but I never tried to utlize it. I think it was fun to use to get a organizer that better explained processes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SmartArt is a very interesting and exciting topic to learn, hope to use it outside of class soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SmartArt is super useful and I like how easy it was to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart Art was pretty cool. I have seen it used before but also just assumed it was created singly and not a whole tab PowerPoint with multiple options and settings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart Art was fun to learn. I had no idea you could even use Smart Art on Powerpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like using SmartArt makes presentations look better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Andrew!! SmartArt sounds like a great tool for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smart art makes everything look so much fancier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was younger, I didn't know the difference between smart art and word art. Now I do and I think its super neat for presenting information in a succinct way!

    ReplyDelete