Thursday, March 17, 2022

The Joys of Tax Season

With about a month before the filing deadline, I officially started attempting to file my taxes yesterday.

I often hate being right about things, because normally when I make a prediction, it's unabashedly negative. And bitter. 

Unfortunately, tax season thus far pretty much has played out exactly how I expected it to.

Before I left Hawai'i, I made sure to place the information packets for my health insurance/retirement plan  in a *special folder* that, of course, is now missing. I really thought I left Oahu with it; it was a cheap folder provided by the state, and it was this really...headache-inducing gauche shade of pink. I would've noticed if it were missing. So where did it go?

The thing that's most aggravating is that I didn't even want the retirement account to begin with because, for a nice, big segment of people under the age of seventy in the United States, retirement is never going to become a reality anyway; we're too poor. And all the "wealth management" tips and "investment hacks" in the world are not going to change that simple fact. It's not going to happen.

I called the retirement board and, apparently, it's going to take weeks to get the information, and the information request must be faxed.

We're off to a real great start.

12 comments:

  1. Folder is missing...

    Doh!

    Well, things can't get worse so it can only get better right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything works out and the information to come earlier than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can ask for an extension to file your taxes so you wont be penalized for filing late if you don't get your paper in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, we're the unlucky generation born too late to explore the planet and too early to explore the stars. This is why I'm hoping WW3 ends it all, better starting anew than trying to fix this junker lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tax season is normally good, however it seems all the "Stimulus" they provided is now being charged and a lot of people are actually having to pay this season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tax season is always stressful and no matter how organized you are, you are always going to miss something during tax season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally forgot about filing my taxes. I should do that today, the deadline is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you able to get your health insurance back together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry you can't find your documents I know how frustrating that can be. I hope it all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well at lest you're working towards fixing it and getting back on schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds frustrating. I just filed my taxes yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you find your paperwork! It sucks when you lose important paperwork.

    ReplyDelete