Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Moqueca: A Brazilian Culinary Experiment

I tried my hand at cooking Brazilian food for the first time this evening. I have several friends from Brazil, so I've eaten plenty of Brazilian food, but I'd never actually made it before. Until now.

It turned out well. It doesn't look spectacular because it's a one-pot meal, but it's got an amazing flavor to it.

Honestly, I've never actually had Moqueca; I just happened to have most of what I needed on hand, so I threw it together. It's mainly salted cod in a broth of coconut milk, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and Indian chilis. I did a quick side of garlic rice to soak up the leftover broth.

I will definitely make this again, probably with an extra chili next time...


12 comments:

  1. I looked up Moqueca and found https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/moqueca___brazilian_fish_stew/

    Looks simple enough that even I might be able to make it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gives me Curry vibes looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything with coconut milk! There's this one Thai curry that has it and I really love it, so I might like this as well. It definitely looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious, remind me of a dish in Jamaica, same concept different ingrediencies but it done in coconut milk as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good makes me want to try the recipe myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delicious. Salted cod and coconut milk reminds me of a dish we cook where I'm from...

    ReplyDelete
  7. woahh I've never had Brazilian food! My friend and I are currently trying to explore african cuisine, but maybe we'll pivot towards south american next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never had Brazilian food but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete