Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Tacos (Again!)

Working and taking classes has the tendency to make a person both really boring and also broke, and so...I don't have super interesting things to say at the moment. However, I must complete my weekly post and, since I meal prepped today, I guess that, once again, I'll post about tacos. Different tacos, but still tacos.

My boss recently gifted me with a mix of dried chili peppers; guajillo, and a couple others. I picked up a large chuck roast and simmered it for about five hours on the stove in broth with some of the chilis. They gave the beef just enough heat to make my lips tingle a bit.

After simmering, I shredded it up, and placed it into cassava tortillas. Then I topped them with pico, shredded cilantro, and feta. 

They were probably the best I've made up to this point, although that's pretty much meaningless, because I know so little about traditional Mexican cooking anyway. They were, however, really easy to do, and there's plenty left for one day, maybe even two.

I'm going to attempt making mole here soon, too. It's time consuming, but I love it, and hopefully, it'll be worth the effort.



16 comments:

  1. The tacos look delicious! I think I'll have tacos for dinner too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a thing called a Taco Cat, so that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one will ever be upset at more tacos haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over my time being alived and being half Filipino, I have always been told that Filipinos are the Asian version of Mexicans (since Tagalog has many Spanish words in it, and history and all that stuff), I find this to be a funny conincidence, because my mom always makes really good tacos and Mexican food, despite this she is just a really good versatile cook overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's interesting, living in Hawai'i, depending on what part of Oahu you're on, you hear a ton of Tagalog. I have Filipino friends, and my granddad lived there for a while, but I didn't realize until I lived there how many similar words there are that are shared between Tagalog and Mexican Spanish.

      Where I worked I heard more Ilocano, though...it was kind of like..."Ilocos Norte for rich people." Ha.

      Delete
  5. Another beautifully displayed meal presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tacos are always a favorite. I love to try new recipes, especially ones that are culturally different. I like to do a little history on the dishes to find some of the most authentic recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five hours, wow!, I'm sure your tummy was thankful once it was ready. Sounds and looks delicious. I want some Tacos now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for you to make mole, especially if you use chocolate for it, it all depends on where you the person that you are getting the recipe is from and where you get your ingredients as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow those tacos look really good I love authentic tacos they really remind me to eat at more authentic restaurants and not just taco bell

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you might be spurring on a taco revolution among the class! These look super yummy.

    ReplyDelete